Recommended guidelines include bibliographic and formatting standards alongside examples of common citation formats to be used in submissions.
- The article is to be written in English or Arabic.
- On the front page: the title of the article, name of the writer, organization, and email address.
- Abstract written not exceeding 150 words.
- The article must contain within it an introduction, problem statement, significance of the study, methodology, discussion and conclusion.
- Submissions should be between 4,000 to 7,000 words.
- Adherence to academic writing standards in making quotations and references, which are as follows:
- Full name of the author, the title of the book (bold), book edition, place and date of publication, volume and page.
- For English articles, only the translation of Qur’an and hadith is required. Citation of the Qur’an needs to contain the chapter and the verse number written beside the quotation.
- For hadith, complete information (al-takhrij) must be mentioned in the footnotes.
- The English articles must use the APA citation style for references.
- Arabic terms in an English article must be transliterated.
- All articles should be written in MS Word. For English articles, use Times New Roman font, text: size 12, footnote: size 10. For Arabic articles, use Traditional Arabic font, text: size 18, footnote: size 14.
7. The article will be published in the form of an e-journal.
- It is the sole responsibility of the writer to ensure that the article is grammatically correct.
- The article has not been published elsewhere or currently under consideration by any other journals.
- The article must be new and original and must not have been submitted to any other Journal.
- Submit the full article to journal’s official website address: http://journals.iium.edu.my/al-burhan or via email: email@example.com
- Notification Acceptance and Publication Letter:
- Letter of Acceptance/Rejection for Publication: The Editorial Board will send a letter by e-mail to the author to notify if the article reviewed has been approved or declined to be published.
- Letter of Publication: The Editorial Board will send a letter by e-mail to the principal/correspondent author if the article has been reviewed and accepted to be published in the Journal.
- All reviewed papers shall be corrected by the author and resubmitted to the Journal within ONE MONTH, failure to do so by which the author is considered no longer interested in the publication.
- Only corrected/ amended articles according to reviewer’s comments will be accepted and considered for publication.
- The Journal has the right to edit the article where necessary
For June and December publications, the article must be submitted to the Journal editorial assistant before the first day of February and August respectively.
Publication Charges :
RM200 (Ringgit Malaysia Two Hundred Only) or its equivalent in USD for article processing/publication. Proof of payment should be submitted to the Journal Secretariat for record keeping.
The manuscript must represent original work by the author(s). None of the material should be covered by any copyright; if copyrighted material exceeding approximately 100 words from a journal article or approximately 500 words from a book is used, the author has obtained written permission for its use. Further, this work should not infringe any intellectual property rights/secrecy laws of any person/organization/government/public or private agency, nor should it contain any defamatory matter.
IIUM Press does not bear any responsibility for verifying copyright permissions provided by the author. Any breach of copyright laws will result in retraction of the published manuscript as well as reporting to relevant authorities in the authors’ institutions.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Opinions expressed in articles and creative pieces published in this Journal are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors, the editorial board or the publisher.