Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Please ensure that you are submitting your original work, that you have the rights in the work, that you are submitting the work for first publication in the Journal and that it is not being considered for publication elsewhere and has not already been published elsewhere.
- Please ensure you have read the Aims and Scope of the Journal. Only manuscripts of sufficient quality that meet the aims and scope of al-Burhān will be reviewed.
- Only MS Document (Microsoft Word) format is accepted. Word Template is available from the templates section on the sidebar.
- The title of your article should be mentioned inside the document. However, the file name should not be too long or contain non alphanumeric characters (!?"%^&*). We suggest using only FIVE words to name your MS Word file. Please do not write in CAPITAL letters apart from normal capitalization.
- Prepare your details for registration with al-Burhan Journal website. Provide your first name as well as your family name in Latin alphabets using the Capitalise Each Word format. We encourage you to register with ORCiD and get your ORCiD identifier before submitting your manuscript.
- Make sure that co-authors (if any) review the manuscript before you submit it and that all authors agree on the order in which authors will be listed. Do not list people as co-authors unless they have made a significant contribution to the work and will share responsibility and accountability for the results.
- Please ensure that your manuscript adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- It is also important to point out early (in the message to the editor) what is new about your study – a common reason given by associate editors for rejection is that the paper doesn’t contribute anything new or relevant to a broad international audience.
- All corresponding authors who comply with the requirements outlined below will receive an acknowledgement upon receipt to confirm the safe arrival of the paper.
- Any correspondence, queries or additional requests for information on the manuscript submission process should be sent to al-Burhan Associate Editor via firstname.lastname@example.org
In general, reusing or reproducing substantial portions of al-Burhān content requires permission. This includes the use of text, figures, tables, multimedia content, and any other material published in any issues of al-Burhān Journal of Qur'an and Sunnah Studies. For some instances, al-Burhān may make its content freely viewable; however, such material may require permission for reuse. To seek permission, please review the information below.
I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter to IIUM Journal, effective from the date stated in the acceptance letter. I/we acknowledge that IIUM Press is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in al-Burhan Journal of Qur'an and Sunnah Studies.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.