About the Journal
The IIUM Journal of Case Studies in Management is an internationally refereed journal published twice yearly by the Kulliyyah of Economics and Management Sciences, International Islamic University Malaysia. The journal is dedicated to the development and promotion of case studies in the field of management and related disciplines for the purpose of enhancing our knowledge and understanding in the areas. Cases selected for publication are expected to deal with important issues related to the discipline, which may be used, among others, by instructors of Master of Business Administration and Master of Management programmes. Special consideration will be given to cases that deal with management issues in the Asia-Pacific region. Cases based on both research and secondary sources will be considered. Also, papers on case writing, case teaching and case analysis will be accepted for publication. Occasionally the journal will publish empirical papers on current issues in management, but the manuscript should be prepared as a case write-up.
Type of access:
Open access. This is due to the maximum dissemination of the management cases published in the journal. However, the instructors of the cases are expected to acknowledge the journal while using the cases for class discussion.
Currently, every submitted case is reviewed by two experts in the area using a double-blind reviewing process. The editorial makes the final decision whether the case would be accepted or rejected on the basis of the recommendations of both the reviewers.
After completion of the reviewing process, if a case is accepted by the editorial board, it will be sent for copyediting followed by the publication of the case. At this moment, only soft copies of the cases are published through the journal website.
No publication fees are charged.
IIUM Journal of Case Studies in Management (IJCSM), a high quality management case journal, published by the International Islamic University Malaysia, Â has been publishing case studies on management since 2010.
While publishing, IJCSM adheres to the following code of ethics throughout its publication history:
- IJCSM does not charge any publication fees from the authors
- IJCSM treats all submitted articles equally
- All cases submitted at IJCSM are double-blind, peer-reviewed professionally. The editorial team's decision on a paper largely depends upon the reviewers' comments and their recommendations. A third reviewer's evaluation is sought when no clear decision has emerged from the first two reviewers' reports. IJCSM maintains confidentiality of reviewers' identities at all time
- Authorships are limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the work
- IJCSM never publishes any plagiarised work and takes the matter very seriously. In case of plagiarism, the concerned author is notified and he/she is barred from any future submission.
- Self-plagiarism is not condoned either. An author cannot submit essentially the same materials which have been published elsewhere
- It is highly unethical to submit an article concurrently to more than one journal
- The authors must not infringe any copyright. While preparing the paper, if any copyrighted materials are used, it is the authorâ€™s responsibility to seek permission from the copyright owners. Any breach of copyright will result in retraction of the published paper
- In the reviewing process, if any reviewer finds a conflict of interest, he/she will not be reviewing the manuscript and will return the manuscript to the IJCSM desk