About the Journal
An International Journal of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh Studies (IJFUS) is a peer-reviewed bilingual (Arabic and English) scholarly online journal, published biannually in January and July by the Department of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh, Kulliyah of Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Human Sciences, International Islamic University Malaysia. IJFUS publishes original research articles on various topics related to Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh. It seeks to enrich the discussions on Fiqh and its Usul by serving as a platform for fresh perspectives and insightful analyses on a wide range of jurisprudential issues.
The Journal's objectives are as follows:
- To bridge the gap between classical Fiqh and its Usul, and the contemporary world;
- To allow scholars and academics to debate on fiqh-related issues and thus provide a forum where diverse views can be expressed on the subject; and
- To engage scholars from around the world in seeking solutions to current fiqh-related problems and provide an internationalist perspective to jurisprudential issues.
The scope of the Journal is limited to issues related to Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh, the historical context of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh, the application of contemporary issues in Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh, and the comparative studies of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh. The uniqueness of this journal lies in the application of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh to contemporary topics and experiences.
Open Access Policy:
International Journal of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh Studies (IJFUS) is an open access online journal based on the OJS system. All content in it is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
International Journal of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh Studies (IJFUS) in a bilingual journal, published in Arabic and English.
Publication Frequency and Contents:
- The Journal is published twice a year, in January and July.
- There will be about 5-12 articles in every issue.
- The Journal also welcomes book reviews, reports on conferences and seminars, as well as abstracts of MA and PhD theses approved by the Department of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh, International Islamic University Malaysia.
- There may be occasional special or thematic issues published on important topics or subject areas.