About the Journal
An International Journal of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh Studies (IJFUS) is a peer-reviewed bilingual (Arabic and English) scholarly online journal, published biannually in June and December by the Kulliyah of Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Human Sciences, International Islamic University Malaysia.
IJFUS publishes original research articles on various topics related to Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh. It seeks to enrich the discussions on Fiqh and its Usul by serving as a platform for fresh perspectives and insightful analyses on a wide range of jurisprudential issues.
The Journal’s objectives are as follows:
- To bridge the gap between classical Fiqh and its Usul, and the contemporary world;
- To allow scholars and academics to debate on fiqh-related issues and thus provide a forum where diverse views can be expressed on the subject; and
- To engage scholars from around the world in seeking solutions to current fiqh-related problems and provide an internationalist perspective to jurisprudential issues.
The scope of the Journal is limited to issues related to Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh, historical context of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh, the application of contemporary issues in Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh, and the comparative studies of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh. The uniqueness of this journal lies in the application of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh to contemporary topics and experiences.
Open Access Policy
International Journal of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh Studies (IJFUS) is an open access online journal based on the OJS system. All content in it is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this Journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
International Journal of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh Studies (IJFUS) in a bilingual journal, published in Arabic and English.
Publication Frequency and Contents
- The Journal is published twice a year, in June and December.
- There will be about 6-10 articles in every issue.
- The Journal also welcomes book reviews, reports on conferences and seminars, as well as abstracts of MA and PhD theses approved by the Department of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh, International Islamic University Malaysia.
- There may be occasional special or thematic issues published on important topics or subject areas.
- The submitted article should provide original contribution to the field of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh.
- It should not have been submitted elsewhere for publication or published before.
- The article must be written in a grammatically sound and lucid prose, and follow the methodology of research used in the field of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh.
- Every article, after screening by the editorial team, will be vetted by two specialist academics in the field. Every article must accompany five keywords and an abstract of about 150 words in both Arabic and English.
- Articles should be between 4000-8000 words including references, appendices, charts etc.
- Articles should be written in Microsoft Word format using Times New Roman font with font size 12 for the content and 10 for the footnote. If the article contains Arabic words, it must be written using Traditional Arabic font with font size 16 for the content and 12 for the footnote. 1.5 line spacing must be used.
- The first page of the article should provide full name of author(s), email and street addresses, phone numbers and affiliations.
- If the paper contains Qur’anic verses, they must be put in parenthesis (--). The name of the surah and verse numbers must be placed in square brackets, e.g. [al-Baqarah: 100]. The Qur’anic verses must be translated into English. If the paper contains hadiths, they must be placed inside double brackets ((---)), followed by the English translation.
- For the reference list, transliteration of Arabic titles must be provided using AHT Times New Roman The font is available in the journal’s website.
- Any appendices must be placed after the reference list.
- The paper must follow the APA style of citation.
- The researcher must amend the paper based on the assessors’ remarks and suggestions.
- Papers containing plagiarism will be rejected instantly.
- The editorial board has the right to ask the author/s to make any corrections and amendments if required.
- The paper will NOT be returned to the author, even if it is not accepted for publication.
- The Journal charges a one-time RM 300 publication fee from every accepted article, and it must be paid before the article is published online.
- Articles should be submitted to journal’s official website at the following address: http://journals.iium.edu.my/ or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Papers published in the Journal present the views of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Journal.